The Wauseon Athletic Department and the school sports teams will begin off-season workouts starting Monday, June 1. The administration and coaches have been working on plans for this restart and will be operating under guidance from the OHSAA as well as the Fulton County Health Department. Coaches will be reaching out to the athletes with specific dates/times/locations for the plans for their sports.
We have developed a set of protocols that participants and coaches will need to follow as we do our best to provide our athletes with safe and appropriate opportunities. Highlights of the protocols beginning June 1 include:
- A limit of 10 participants at a time
- Athletes must do a self-symptom check prior to arriving. Anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 must stay home
- All participants must bring their own water and not share with others
- Athletes should arrive in workout attire – locker facilities will not be available
- Participants should not congregate before, during, and after the activity
- Participants should avoid physical contact with others
- All participants should practice SOCIAL DISTANCING and maintain six feet of separation
- Competition is not permitted
Individuals who fail to comply will be removed from the activity. The full list of protocols can be found at the following link: Responsible RestartWauseon
This is a very fluid situation as updates and changes to the guidance we receive occurs on a regular basis. Our protocols will evolve as the situation changes and the coaches are preparing for changes regardless of whether the protocols become more or less restrictive.
We are excited to be able to work with the student-athletes once again but understand that we must remain cautious with safety as a priority. GO INDIANS!